Pravica 2020 Recap – A Year of Success!
A message from all of us here at Pravica
We wish to take a moment to say THANK YOU to our customers, partners, and everyone in our community. This has been a year of rapid and unexpected change for every organization, including many of our customers, who have had to quickly adapt to an all-digital work culture.
Pravica is a unified communication suite that meets WEB 3.0 standards and uses Blockchain technology to empower user privacy and security. We created one of the world’s first truly private and secure communication platforms. Now you can say goodbye to data breaches, privacy scandals, and unwanted marketing and ads.
- Pravica (previously known as Dmails) closes the first investment deal with 500 Startups – an early-stage venture fund and seed accelerator founded in 2010.
“Running email systems on blockchain technology like that of Dmails (Pravica) is becoming increasingly imperative to ensure data privacy and security. As Mohamed and his team, work to deepen their platform capabilities, we look forward to supporting them as they cement their position as leaders in this Blockchain space”Sharif El-Badawi, Managing Partner at 500 Startups MENA
- Pravica receives a new investment from Modus Capital, an entrepreneurial ecosystem development platform and venture capital (VC) company with offices in the US and Egypt.
“We are excited to have Pravica as part of our portfolio. Their platform provides a new type of value-add to corporates that is both unprecedented and in notable demand. Its new functionality in addition to security measures gives enterprises a much higher level of control over their data, something they constantly struggle with. The team has produced incredible results thus far and we are confident they will continue on this upward trajectory in the coming year”Kareem ElSirafy, Managing Partner at Modus Capital
- DYRES Ventures invests in Pravica.
“We consider Pravica as a visionary startup promoting security and privacy by design in the WEB 3.0 era with a real added value to the Blockchain ecosystem”Mahmoud Tawfik, DYRES Ventures Managing Partner
- Rebranding Dmails to Pravica. Not only was there a trademark issue with the name Dmails, but we believed that we need a brand name that can expand its product functionality across several verticals from business, finance and technology.
- Offering full-fledge services not limited to only emails, but a complete suite of communication tools such as voice and video calls, messages, conferences, calendar, and cash tag to individuals and enterprises guaranteeing military grade privacy and security.
- Pravica raises $500,000 in the pre-seed round
- Pravica was recognized as the most active startup in the Blockstack ecosystem.
“Pravica is one of the top apps built on Blockstack in 2019, not only did they get high ranks in our app mining program, but they’ve bootstrapped using the initial app mining payouts to then raise venture capital. Their approach to finding concrete business models around privacy and security stands out in the decentralized apps industry”Muneeb Ali, Co-Founder, and CEO of Blockstack
- With the funding received, Pravica started aggressively building its customer base, expand its team, and accelerate product expansion by developing additional private and secure communication tools.
- Pravica published a press release informing the public and community about the great accomplishments in the first quarter of the year and educating them about its unique service offerings.
- Pravica began an incubation with Long Hash Ventures, Singapore a global blockchain accelerator and investor building the native Web 3.0 blockchain economy.
- Pravica launches its first release of products for individuals.
- Pravica won first place in TECHNE Summit 2020, an international multi-industry focused investment and entrepreneurship event.
- Pravica qualifies to compete in Startup World Cup competition in San Francisco 2021.
- Pravica signs the first governmental enterprise deal in Egypt.
- Pravica ranks in one of the top 3 winners at Vested Summit, powered by SkaleUp Ventures.
- Pravica’s CEO, launches and heads Stacks MENA, the first community-led chapter in the region, which expands throughout 27 countries in the Middle East and North Africa with the aim to educate and build a user-owned internet community.
We create innovative, private, and secure communication solutions to empower users to take back control of their digital life.